I posted this to someone in a message on Facebook, then I thought that everyone else would appreciate this...
From the many, many comments I get from people, I see that people see me following this path with a great positive attitude, courage, grace, etc. But the truth is, I wouldn't know any other way. It's just the way I live life. Part of it may stem from my early years. Many people don't know this, but as a child I suffered much abuse from my step-mother. I left home at 17, I was a junior in high school. I made my way by working and paying rent while keeping my straight-A status. I just focused on the positive parts of life and did what I had to do to get through the struggles. Anyway, though all of this, I had a vision in my mind of what I'd like my life to be like. When I met and married David, I finally achieved that vision. Then 2 1/2 years after we got married I was diagnosed with colon cancer. I am so unwilling to give up what I struggled so long to attain: The life that I have. I appreciate it so much that I strive to live in that vision any moment that I can. So, when I'm tired I take a break and do what I have to do, but as soon as I can bounce back up into the life that I have, I do. I want as much of it that I can absorb. That keeps me going.
You are an inspiration to many Laurie. Love, Delma
ReplyDeleteLaurie, you live your life the only way you know how to live it. That is an inspiration and it says you are made up of strength and determination many of us don't seem to have. That may be why I sit back in awe, shake my head, and wonder if I could do the same..or would the illness overpower me? With you, it does not seem to overpower your dreams of happiness, or your determination to keep it. I admire you and wish I could do more than wish you well...and send prayers your way. Mavis
ReplyDelete