Monday, April 22, 2013

MRI, CEA, and TACE status

MRI

On April 10th I had an MRI to verify the findings from the CT scan and also to check to see if there was any additional activity that the CT scan missed. It did not find anything other than the little tumor that was found previously. The copy that was faxed to me is poor quality but I here it is anyway. I think you can still read it. If you hold down your "CTRL" key and scroll the mouse you can make it larger, but it will still be a little fuzzy. Sorry, that's how it came to me on the fax.


 TACE

I have been trying since the middle of last week to find out if the TACE procedure has made it through the pre-authorization process at Cigna. Last Wednesday they said it would be completed on Friday. On Friday they said it wasn't finished yet. Today they told me it's been escalated but should be completed within 24 hours. They are supposed to finalize these within 5 business days but are now beyond that. So, at this point I still don't know if I will have the procedure this Wednesday or not. Hopefully I will know by tomorrow.


[TACE UPDATE]

I just got word that the authorization and been finalized and the procedure has been approved. Therefore I will go to the hospital on Wednesday for this procedure and will have one overnight stay.


CEA

My CEA from last Friday is 14.3, down just a smidgen from the previous reading which was 14.6. That's actually good since it's been 4 weeks since my last chemo infusion.

No comments:

Post a Comment